Guaranteeing grape profiles
The estate identified a need to secure the quality of its parcels to ensure the desired wine profiles for the estate ranges.
Vivelys offered a comprehensive project, from diagnosis to knowledge sharing to allow full autonomy at the end of the mission. The project was structured around the key points of vineyard optimisation
- Characterization of targeted wines profiles,
- Diagnosis of quality potential in the vineyard and growth margins,
- Recommendation of irrigation programmes and farming practices tailored to maximise the potential of each parcel.
We specialise in all areas of wine technology expertise , and particularly how each parameter affects the resulting wine: vineyard management and operations, vinification and ageing, microbiological monitoring and inspection and sensory evaluation to guarantee product compliance and provide step-by-step monitoring.
- Siryel® consists of a pen equipped with a camera that saves tasting notes .
- This data is transcribed by an online software program in the form of sets, mapping, sensory profiles with descriptors, significance indices, etc.
- Siryel® makes it possible to track wine profiles and consistency, panel performance, etc.
The decision-making tool Xilem tracks the vine’s hydric activity in order to :
- Secure the target grape profile, the resulting wine quality and yield;
- Manage suitable and controlled irrigation as an immediate response to hydric stress (in areas that can be irrigated);
- Drive a medium-term vineyard management strategy – tillage, vine density, fertilisation, operations during the vine’s growth, etc. - (in areas that can or cannot be irrigated).
The tool provides a clear indicator of daily hydric activity based on the difference between the temperature of the leaves and that of the air.
This temperature difference depends on the vine’s level of transpiration.
Physiological monitoring of grape ripening and predictive determination of the grape profile.
Dyostem® enables growers to sort the grapes into different homogenous categories according to their potential, ripeness and ability to produce a specific wine profile. It offers an exclusive way to measure grape potential in each parcel, given the vintage conditions. It can also be used to define the optimum harvest date depending on the targeted wine profile.
Based on the grape-profile concept, Dyostem® relies on physiological markers of vine behaviour : sugar loading and changes in the colour of the fruit.
Sugar loading is an indicator of how the plant is faring during ripening. It is directly related to its photosynthetic activity, the balance and the physiological condition of the vine. In contrast, the changing colour of the fruit is used for white grape varieties. This is a marker of the microclimate of the fruit, which has a major impact on the aromatic typicality of the final wine.
This specific monitoring of the fruit ripening process provides information on how the vine behaves in its terroir and in response to vintage conditions. It is used to inform decisions on harvest.
We assist growers in determining their production strategy and implementing it in a sustainable manner . Our methods and tools allow growers to gain a better understanding of technical and economic challenges , and to define the most appropriate production strategies.
The expertise and tools offered by Vivelys help address the issues faced by producers in terms of quality, volume and cost. The formalisation of the knowledge acquired and its integration into vineyard and cellar management tools guarantee that performance can be maintained for future vintages.